Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT CARDS DO YOU ACCEPT?
We have the following cards for payment:
- Visa Debit
- American Express
- Amazon Pay
ARE PAYMENTS PROCESSED IMMEDIATELY?
For security purposes and in the aid of preventing fraud, the use of third parties may be required to validate your purchases with us. In these cases, some orders may not be processed immediately. Payments are processed immediately to avoid any unnecessary delay to your order; you will know that your order has been accepted once you receive an order confirmation. By placing an order with Paradox London, you consent to these checks.
HOW CAN I APPLY MY PROMOTION CODE?
You can redeem your promotion code by entering your code in the promo code field in your basket and then click the ‘apply’ button. You can only use one promotion code per order. Promotion codes have to be used at the time of purchase. We can't apply a discount to your order once it has been placed.
DO I NEED AN ACCOUNT TO PLACE AN ORDER ON YOUR WEBSITE?
You won’t need one. We would like to make your ordering experience as easy as possible and will not require you to open or set up an account. Just simply place your order with us, make a payment for your items, and we’ll do the rest.
CANCELLATIONS & CHANGES
HOW CAN I CANCEL MY ORDER?
To cancel your order simply call us and request a cancellation of your order. You must call us before your order is dispatched from our warehouse. If your order is already dispatched, you can return this to us within our 30 days return policy.
WHY WAS MY ORDER CANCELLED?
Everything is subject to availability; our stock changes all the time, so if your order is cancelled, we will let you know as soon as possible and provide you with more information about your order. If the items are not available, you will be refunded.
CAN I MAKE A CHANGE TO MY ORDER?
Once you have received your confirmation email, we cannot make any changes to your order. We advise that you review your order before you complete your checkout for one final check.
In busy periods of the year, deliveries may be subject to delays. This also includes any weather and/or other adverse conditions that may cause variations in delivery timescales. Royal Mail strikes will also affect delivery times, which are out of our control. Deliveries are only made on Monday to Friday on working days.
WHAT ARE THE DELIVERY TIMES AND COST?
UK Mainland (including Northern Ireland)
Free delivery for UK mainland (including Northern Ireland) are sent via Royal Mail on a 48 hour delivery service (Standard Delivery). Please note that this does not mean that they will be delivered within 48 hours of placing the order, Standard Delivery usually takes between 2-3 working days.
DO YOU OFFER NEXT DAY DELIVERY?
Orders placed after 3pm for Next-Day delivery will not be dispatched until the following working day. Deliveries are Monday to Friday. Any orders placed after 3pm on a Thursday, will be dispatched on Friday and delivered on Monday.
Next-Day delivery incurs a charge of £6.50 and is shipped using DPD.
We also offer Royal Mail 24hr tracked delivery at a charge of £4.50. However, please note that this is not a guaranteed Next Day Service.
Please note that orders placed after the cut-off times stated above on Friday or over the weekend are not processed until Monday morning. Any next day delivery on orders placed over the weekend will be processed and dispatched on Monday and delivered on Tuesday.
CAN I PLACE AN ORDER OUTSIDE THE UK?
Yes, but please note that international orders may incur customs and duty charges.
- Channel Islands, Isle of Man
2-5 Working Days via Royal Mail (at a shipping charge of £5.95)
- Republic of Ireland
3-5 Working Days via Royal Mail (at a shipping charge of £7.50)
- Western and Eastern Europe
Orders will take 3-10 working days (at a shipping charge of £15)
- Rest of the World
Orders will take 10-15 working days (at a shipping charge of £18)
We can only ship up to 3 items per international order. If you'd like to order more than 3 items, email us at [email protected]
DOES MY DELIVERY CHARGE INCLUDE CUSTOMS AND DUTY?
No, if custom charges are required, your courier will contact you independently for international orders outside of the UK.
As long as the shoes and accessories are in their original condition, you can send them back to us for an exchange or refund up to 30 days after purchasing online.
We offer free Royal Mail labels to UK Mainland and Northern Ireland customers to make the returns process easier. These return labels can only be used for up to 10 pairs. Should you need to return more than 10 pairs, you will have to arrange and pay for your own return.
If you wish to return your shoes to us for either an exchange or refund, please go to this link here to process your returns label.
When entering your details, please note that in the ‘Order Number’ field, please put your order reference number, for example #6000001111 (you can find this on the top left-hand corner of your invoice). Then just print and attach the label to the parcel and you can ship the shoes back to us. If you don't have a printer, don't worry - you can create a QR, which the post office can scan and print the label for you.
NEED A NEW RETURNS FORM?
You can download another copy of the returns form here. Please print this, fill it out, and pop it into the parcel and return to us.
NEED A NEW RETURNS LABEL?
You can create a new returns label here.
HOW DO I RETURN MY ORDER?
- Complete and detach your returns note (goods cannot be returned without this information).
- Enclose it together with your returned item(s), inside the original packaging and shoe box.
- Unless you are using the provided returns service, please send your order back to us via recorded delivery. Remember to retain your proof of postage until the item(s) are refunded on your statement, as this enables you to trace your return.
- Exchanges: indicating the colour or size you wish to exchange your return for. Please note that we can only exchange for a different colour or size of the same style. Should you wish to try a different style, please place a new order instead.
WHAT ARE THE RETURNS TERMS & CONDITIONS?
- Items returned damaged, marked, toe printed or with packaging missing or damaged will be returned without any credit. Handbags should be handled with just as much care. Please return your shoes in their original condition as they will be inspected upon return. If an item is returned in a non-saleable condition, it will be returned to you.
- We will not credit lost or damaged returned goods. Should this happen, we would advise that you speak with the postal/carrier service you have used for your return. Should the parcel not reach us for any reason, you will be able to make an easy claim with Royal Mail or the delivery service you have used to send your return.
- We advise that shoes are tried on indoors, on carpet and preferably with a pop sock on, to avoid any foot prints in the shoe. Handbags should be handled with just as much care to avoid a return to you without a credit.
- We will be happy to process you a full refund for returns received within 30 days after receiving your order. We will refund the card originally used for payment.
- Your refund or exchange (when in stock) may take up to 10 working days to process during busier periods of the year.
- We will email you to keep you informed of your returned order.
- Please ensure the returns form is enclosed in your package and note whether you would like an exchange or a refund. To help us process your return as soon as possible, please ensure the returns form is fully completed and placed inside the shoe box. If you are returning your order for any exchange, please ensure you indicate the style and size you would like.
- Items that return to our offices as ‘unclaimed’ or ‘not delivered’ will automatically be refunded to the payment method used when the order was placed. Shipping costs such as next-day delivery, or international orders via DPD Classic cannot be refunded if parcels return to us unclaimed.
- Any customers returning goods from outside the UK will need to pay for the return of goods. We advise recorded delivery to ensure no loss of goods.
- If you require any help or have any questions, our customer service team will be ready to help. Please call the Paradox London customer service team on 020 8885 8000 or contact us here: [email protected]
WHAT ADDRESS SHOULD I SEND MY RETURN TO?
Send returns to our UK head office address:
Unit 1, 2 Garman Road
London N17 0UG
DO YOU OFFER A WIDE FIT COLLECTION?
We offer an E wide fitting - you can find our Wide Fit collection here.
IS YOUR SIZING TRUE TO SIZE?
It is difficult to say what “true to size" is, due to every foot being slightly different. However, we do get many reviews for our styles saying they are “true to size”. We would advise checking the reviews on each pair before purchasing to hear what other customers have thought about the fit.
ARE YOUR SIZES IN UK OR EURO SIZING?
Our shoes are in Euro sizes (unless stated). Please find below our size guide to help you find the perfect fitting shoe. Our standard width shoes follow the UK standard ‘D’ fitting and our wide fitting shoes follow the UK wide ‘E’ fitting. If you require any further help about fitting, please do not hesitate to contact us on [email protected]
WHERE CAN I FIND THE COLOUR DYE FORM?
WHAT IS CONSIDERED A SUITABLE COLOUR SWATCH?
Swatches can be a fabric swatch, a button, a reel of cotton or a paint card. If you want to have something matched to another item (e.g. fascinator, bag), you can send this in and we will return this along with your dye order. When sending in a two-tone fabric, it will be required for you to state which colour you would like us to dye your shoes / accessories to – this will ensure there are no delays with the order. Any shoe which is available in dyeable ivory satin can also be lightened to white.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO CARE FOR SATIN SHOES?
Due to our dye being water based we strongly advise not cleaning any of our dyed products. You may however use a dry soft brush to help remove any dried mud from our shoes. Ivory Un-dyed satin may be wiped using a damp cloth with luke warm water. Do not use any type of detergent if wishing to have your items dyed. Do not rub too hard as the satin may split, due to its delicate nature.
CAN I BUY MY SHOES IN COLOUR STRAIGHT AWAY?
Dyed shoes are non-refundable due to their bespoke nature so we would always recommend purchasing ivory shoes first to make sure they are a good fit, then send them back to us to be dyed.
CAN YOU RE-DYE SHOES?
Yes, but they can only be re-dye to a darker shade. The application of a further coat of dye could cause the fabric to become patchy.
HOW LONG DOES THE COLOUR CUSTOMISATION TAKE?
Our hand colouring service takes up to 14 working days from receipt of the order at Paradox London. If you need your shoes and accessories to be returned quicker than this, we offer a priority service which ensures your shoes are dyed and returned to them within 7 working days of receipt of the order.
CAN YOU DYE NON-PARADOX SHOES?
Unfortunately, we can only guarantee the dye on our own shoes so we do not accept other brands.
IS THERE A TIME LIMIT FOR SENDING MY SHOES BACK TO BE DYED?
There is no time limit / expiry at all, you can send them back whenever suits you best.
CAN I HAVE MY SHOES DYED AFTER WEAR?
You most certainly can! If they are a little grass stained / scuffed, we would recommend going for navy or black. However the dyeing process will not cover stains and scuffs.
CAN I CLEAN MY DYED SHOES?
If you have dried mud on your shoes, you should be able to remove this with a soft dry brush. Due to our dye being water based we strongly advise not cleaning dyed shoes. Even if the shoes have been extremely protected, they will not be waterproof so, if customers try to clean the shoes with liquid products, they are likely to end up with watermarks / colour fading.
ARE ALL PARADOX SHOES DYEABLE?
No, but you can find all our dyeable styles in our Colour Match category.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN THAT IT WILL BE DYE IN NATURAL LIGHT?
This means that the shoes or handbags will be dyed in natural light conditions, so the colour may vary if viewed under electric/artificial light. This is because artificial lighting typically intensifies warmer colours such as red, orange and yellow but dulls cooler colours like blue.
DOES THE COLOUR CHANGES IF THE SHOES HAS LACE OR ELASTIC?
Yes, so be aware that lace is a contrasting fabric to satin, therefore the lace will dry lighter than the main body of the shoe or handbag. The more vibrant or darker the colour, the more noticeable it will be. Elastics and straps may vary in colour from the main body of the shoe once dyed. Trims, beading, edgings, stitching, chiffons and pleats may cause the dye to dry a slightly paler or darker shade.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our dedicated Customer Service team who will be happy to help.